Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What't more stressful than finals?

Well I am officially making the switch to a road bike. I've had some great rides on my Giant Boulder, but it is time to make the change to a big girl road bike. But now I am quickly learning how stressful it is to figure out my way through all of the options that road bikes have to offer. There are so many questions that are asked of me...

What kind of riding do you want to do? Is this your first road bike? Do you want to do races or just organized rides? Do you plan on doing triathlons? How much do you want to spend?

Agh! This is more stressful than the two finals I have coming up this week. There are so many options and the more bikes I see the more confused I get (and the bigger my budget gets). I have been to three bike shops so far and the guys at the shops that helped me have been uber helpful and have given me lots of information. Once I do more research I will be posting about my final choices and the stories that come along with trying them out, but til then my mind is swirling with thoughts of bikes, tires, carbon, aluminum, brakes, fit, shift, ooo my! I have lots of researching and pondering ahead of me, but hopefully it will all pay off with an awesome new bike!

No comments: