Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Three Part Running Post

Part One

I picked up some new running shoes. My old ones were at least two years old… so replacements were long overdue. They were so bad they were causing blisters on my heel pad, they would cut my Achilles heel, and would cause me shins to hurt… yep time for new shoes. Well after three weeks of researching and trying out road bikes, the last thing I wanted to do was spend a lot of time picking out running shoes. So I walked into Running Etc. showed the lady my old shoes, did a little jog for her, she brought out a new pair of the same brand shoe, I tried them on, did a little jog again, and SOLD. Less than five minutes in and out. That was easy!

Now I am ready to get my running training moving now that I have proper shoes. Great investment and I know now not to wait two years before I by my next pair.

Part Two

I have fired my running training partner, Lexi. Well maybe I didn’t fire her, but after a long walk/jog this was her…

I promise she's not dead... just very tired

I took this as her resignation as my training partner. Lexi and I are very much alike… we love to sleep and lay around… so running is not really her thing. She loves to jog at Seashore where it’s shaded and cool, but 3-4 times a week, just isn’t her style. Plus it is just too hot for a little black dog, so she will now be my rest day walking partner with the occasional Seashore run.

Part Three

I am restarting my 10k training plan. I began my running plan a few weeks ago and things were going really well and my endurance was building. Then finals week hit and school just got a bit too busy and my running plan went on the back burner. Plus when I was on the running plan, I didn’t abide by it as strictly as I should. When you are running with a dog like mine, you stop every so often for sniffing and laying down (the dog does that, not me)… that really interrupts the idea of running for 60 or 90 seconds straight. Now that I will be training solo, I will be much more disciplined with my running. I want to do really well for my first race and really want to do more after… so I need to be sure I am as prepared as I can be. So I spent the evening writing out a new plan (on the computer incase a certain dog tries to eat it during my visit to NC this weekend) that starts this week and builds up to the 10k… it combines the couch to 10k plan with a 10k plan and is now the “Get Stephanie Off Her Ass and Running Plan”. We will see how it goes!

No comments: