Saturday, March 12, 2011

Travel Bucket List: Grand Canyon

As most know, I am getting my Masters in Education in hopes to become a teacher. There are many pros and cons to becoming a teacher, but in my mind, the pros definitely outweigh any con. I am basically a big kid, so hanging out with kids all day is awesome. However, one big pro is the idea of having summers off. I know in the future when I have some kiddos, it will be nice to have the same vacations off as them or whatever. But for now, I am really looking forward to the opportunity to travel. With around a month and a half (or two) off a year, my mind is already swirling with the ideas of what I could do and where I could go during my summers off.

Now this brings me to my new series, Stephanie’s Travel Bucket List. As a way to dream a little and put down into words where I would like to go in this World, I will highlight various locations on my Travel Bucket List. I know that some of the places on my list might never actually happen, but that is why it is a Bucket List, right? A girl can dream!

This brings me to my first location on my list, the Grand Canyon! I am currently observing in a 4th grade class (which is awesome by the way) and they just started learning about the Southwest states. Their teacher read a book about the Grand Canyon and even showed pictures of her sister’s travels there, which got me thinking about visiting there. The photos she showed were simply amazing and I would love to experience that one day.

And I have never been an outdoorsy person, but I would love to camp there! Growing up I always wanted to go camping, but I only got as far as sleeping on my back deck with my neighbor friend. And if I recall, we actually came in after an hour because of the bugs! I think to hike and camp in the Grand Canyon would be simply an amazing experience.

So let this be my first entry onto my Travel Bucket List: The Grand Canyon!

*Photos from wikipedia

No comments: