Friday, December 10, 2010

Last Day of Preschool

I ended my practicum time in the preschool yesterday and I have to admit, those little boogers melted my icy heart. In the beginning, I really hated being there... the kids were snotty, cried at the drop of a hat, and I just found it very difficult to relate to them. Well fast forward a couple weeks and man, I really enjoyed going and hanging out with the little kids. I ended up doing couple centers (one we made turkey headbands and the other cotton snowmen, come on so cute!) with the kids and ended up really enjoying the satisfaction of working with them. Once I got to know them and learned how to deal with the crying and snot... it really became fun.

I had a great interaction with a little boy on my last day, we hung out for the majority of the day playing and reading books. He stayed in my snowman center for like 45 minutes and we talked while he colored (in the lines btw, what a champ). When it was time for me to leave he asked "Why can't you just stay here forever? You can come back tomorrow and then next day." And as I was walking out, he gave me a hugggge bear hug and a big kiss on the cheek. *melt*

So my time there wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. While it probably is not my first choice to teach, I really wouldn't mind if I ended up teaching preschool. Well as long as my immune system builds up against their germs!

No comments: