Sunday, October 08, 2006

random memories

there are certain smells, sights, sounds, and taste that remind people of particular moments in their lives. everyone has them and they can trigger the most random events. well this week i finally got my screen door installed on the front door of my town house. well it was a wonderful investment (thanks to dad!) i can now take the trash out or go get the mail without deadbolting the front door and it lets so much light and air in. (scary i sound like a homeowner, bah!) basically i love it. well everytime i open or close the door i get this random memory of my grandparents house. for as long as i can remember they have had a screendoor. and i just have this memory of granddaddy showing my how to lock the door when i was little. i've seen many screendoors in my life, but it's funny how the sound of my new screendoor immediately reminds my of my grandparents house.

No comments: